Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
No business tax receipt shall be issued until applicable city, county and state laws are complied with including, but not limited to, building, zoning, fire control and health. This application must be filled out completely. If not applicable, write in "N/A." All business tax receipts cost $40, except for liquor stores.
Describe the business in detail.
(If different from business location)
(Attach separate sheet if necessary)
If the operator or manager of the business is different than the applicant, please list the name, address and telephone number for the operator / manager (other than your business' information).
Any business, profession or occupation operating in the City of Groveland must provide proof of the registration with the State of Florida:
(Attach a copy of Liquor License)
(If applicable, attach a copy of the inspection report from the Division of Hotels and Restaurants.)
(Attach a copy of State Operator’s License)
(Attach a copy of Health Department)
(Attach a copy of State Certification DBPR)
(Please check one if applicable)
(1) All disabled persons physically incapable of manual labor, widows with minor dependents, and persons 65 years of age or older, with no more than one employee or helper, and who use their own capital only, not in excess of $1,000., may engage in any business or occupation in counties in which they live without being required to pay for a business tax. The exemption provided by this section shall be allowed only upon the certificate of the county physician, or other reputable physician, stating that the applicant claiming the exemption is disabled, the nature and extent of the disability being specified therein, and in case the exemption is claimed by a widow with minor dependents, or a person over 65 years of age, proof of the right to the exemption shall be made. Any person entitled to the exemption provided by this section shall, upon application and furnishing of the necessary proof as aforesaid, be issued a receipt which shall have plainly stamped or written across the face thereof the fact that it issued under this section, and the reason for the exemption shall be written thereon.
(2) Neither this nor any other law exempts any person from the payment of any amount required by law for the issuance of a license to sell intoxicating liquors or malt and vinous beverages.
No business tax receipt shall be required of any charitable, religious, fraternal, youth, civic, service, or other such organization when the organization makes occasional sales or engages in fundraising projects when the projects are preformed exclusively by the members thereof and when the proceeds derived from the activities are used exclusively in the charitable, religious, fraternal, youth, civic, and service activities of the organization.
(1) The following persons are entitled to an exemption from a business tax and any fees imposed under this chapter:
(a) A veteran of the United States Armed Forces who was honorably discharged upon separation from service, or the spouse or unremarried surviving spouse of such a veteran.
(b) The spouse of an active duty military servicemember who has relocated to the county of municipality pursuant to a permanent change of station order.
(c) A person who is receiving public assistance as defined in s. 409.2554.
(d) A person whose household income is below 130 percent of the federal poverty level based on the current year’s federal poverty guidelines.
(2) A person must complete and sign, under penalty of perjury, a Request for Fee Exemption to be furnished by the local governing authority and provide written documentation in support of his or her request for an exemption under subsection (1).
(3) If a person who is exempt under subsection (1) owns a majority interest in a business with fewer than 100 employees, the business is exempt. Such person must complete and sign, under penalty of perjury, a Request for Fee Exemption to be furnished by the local governing authority and provide written documentation in support of his or her request for an exemption for the business under this subsection.
In no event, under this or any other law, shall any person, veteran or otherwise, be allowed any exemption whatsoever
from the payment of any amount required by law for the issuance of a Business Tax Receipt to sell intoxicating liquors or malt
and vinous beverages.
A license is not valid for more than one year and all licenses expire on September 30th of each year, except as otherwise provided by law. Any person who shall operate or continue to operate a business without having either taken out a new Business Tax Receipt or renewed an existing Business Tax receipt by November 1st shall be subject to a 10% penalty for the month of October, plus an additional 5% penalty for each subsequent month of delinquency thereafter until paid. However, the total delinquency penalty may not exceed 25% of the Business Tax Receipt for the delinquent establishment.
Under penalty of perjury, I certify that the foregoing information is, to the best of my knowledge and belief, true and accurate.
I acknowledge that that a Receipt issued pursuant to this application does not waive requirements of any city, county, state or federal ordinance, statute or regulation that I must meet prior to entering the business, profession or occupation for which the Receipt is sought. I have or will comply with all such requirements.
I acknowledge that a Receipt issued pursuant to this application does not indicate that the parcel of land upon which I intend to operate is properly zoned for the activity I intend. It is my responsibility to verify compatible zoning with the appropriate zoning authority prior to commencing operations.
I acknowledge and understand that any false information given will cause this license to be automatically revoked and shall constitute the operation of the business as being without a license and subject to the penalties set forth in section 1-12 of the City Code of Ordinances.
I acknowledge and agree to any and all Fire Safety Inspections and Code Enforcement Inspections, and Certificate of Occupancy requirements with or without prior notice.
Every business, occupation or profession must file an application on the prescribed from with the City Clerk, signed by an officer, partner or owner of the business.
Owner, Officer or Partner
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field