NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Groveland will be accepting applications for open positions for the Planning and Zoning (P & Z) Board beginning November 02, 2023 through November 13, 2023.
Currently there are two (2) open positions to serve two-year term limits on the Planning & Zoning Board beginning February 1, 2024 to January 31, 2026.
Duties and responsibilities of Planning & Zoning Board Members:
The functions, powers, and duties of the Planning and Zoning Board shall be, in general:
- To make recommendations to the City Council regarding the adoption or amendment of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Monitor and oversee the effectiveness of the Comprehensive Plan and make recommendations to the City Council of changes to the Comprehensive Plan.
- To review proposed Land Development Regulations, land development codes, or amendments thereto, and to make recommendations to the City Council as to the consistency of the proposal with the Comprehensive Plan.
- To make recommendations to the City Council on applications affecting the Future Land Use and Zoning of individual parcels of property within the municipal boundaries of the City of Groveland.
- To determine whether specific proposed developments conform to the principles and requirements of the Comprehensive Plan and to the City of Groveland Land Development Regulations.
- To conduct such public hearings, as may be required, to revise such proposed developments.
- To perform any other functions, duties, and responsibilities which may be lawfully assigned to it.
Those interested in applying may obtain an application by accessing the City’s website at www.groveland-fl.gov, and accessing the Form Center link on the home page and clicking on Citizens Advisory Boards & Committees Application; or an application may be requested via the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org, (352) 730 – 9285.
Virginia Wright, CMC
City of Groveland
Website; Facebook, City messaging sign;
News media release; City Hall display board.