NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Groveland will be accepting applications beginning May 18, 2023 through June 2, 2023 for open positions for the Committee to Study the Creation of a Stormwater Utility and the Associated Enterprise Fund (“Committee”).
Currently there are five (5) open positions to serve on the ad-hoc Committee beginning June 6, 2023. The Committee will meet regularly June through September and then as needed after October 1.
Duties and responsibilities of Ad Hoc Committee Members:
Per Resolution 2023-26, the functions, powers, and duties of the Committee to Study the Creation of a Stormwater Utility and the Associated Enterprise Fund shall be, in general:
- To assist City Council with reviewing data, options, and other information, and ultimately recommend to the City Council whether to pursue and authorize the implementation of a stormwater utility and any associated enterprise fund.
- To evaluate the feasibility of creating a stormwater utility and any associated enterprise fund in support of the Capital Improvements Plan, Operations & Maintenance, and Renewal & Replacement ongoing activities.
- To make recommendations to the City Council concerning whether a stormwater utility should be created.
- To make recommendations to the City Council whether the stormwater management system is funded through the use of user fees by creating a stormwater utility or through special assessments, and the various elements of implementation and collection.
- To author and submit a final, written report to the City Council no later than September 29, 2023, summarizing its findings, potential options, and the Committee’s ultimate recommendations.
Consideration will be given of the following:
- Applicant nominated by or originating from a civic association.
- Applicant that is a representative of a business group.
- Applicant that is a resident with engineering, environmental, financial, or related experience that are not a member of any firm involved with or in pursuit of work proposed or being conducted by the City.
- Applicant from the development community.
Those interested in applying may obtain an application by accessing the City’s website at www.groveland-fl.gov, and accessing “Our Community” on the home page, and opening the “Form Center” link, then click on Citizens Advisory Boards & Committees Application; or an application may be requested via the City Clerk at email@example.com, or by calling (352) 730 – 9285.
Virginia Wright, CMC
City of Groveland
Website; Facebook, City messaging sign;
News media release; City Hall display board.