NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Groveland will be accepting applications beginning April 12 through May 12 for open positions for the Committee to Study the Creation of a Stormwater Utility and the Associated Enterprise Fund (“Committee”).
Currently there are five (5) open positions to serve on the ad-hoc Committee beginning June 6, 2023. The Committee will meet regularly June through September and then as needed after October 1.
Duties and responsibilities of Ad Hoc Committee Members:
Per Resolution 2023-26, the functions, powers, and duties of the Committee to Study the Creation of a Stormwater Utility and the Associated Enterprise Fund shall be, in general:
- To assist City Council with reviewing data, options, and other information, and ultimately recommend to the City Council whether to pursue and authorize the implementation of a stormwater utility and any associated enterprise fund.
- To evaluate the feasibility of creating a stormwater utility and any associated enterprise fund in support of the Capital Improvements Plan, Operations & Maintenance, and Renewal & Replacement ongoing activities.
- To make recommendations to the City Council concerning whether a stormwater utility should be created.
- To make recommendations to the City Council whether the stormwater management system is funded through the use of user fees by creating a stormwater utility or through special assessments, and the various elements of implementation and collection.
- To author and submit a final, written report to the City Council no later than September 29, 2023, summarizing its findings, potential options, and the Committee’s ultimate recommendations.
Consideration will be given of the following:
- Applicant nominated by or originating from a civic association.
- Applicant that is a representative of a business group.
- Applicant that is a resident with engineering, environmental, financial, or related experience that are not a member of any firm involved with or in pursuit of work proposed or being conducted by the City.
- Applicant from the development community.
Those interested in applying may obtain an application by accessing the City’s website at www.groveland-fl.gov, and accessing “Our Community” on the home page, and opening the “Form Center” link, then click on Citizens Advisory Boards & Committees Application; or an application may be requested via the City Clerk at email@example.com, or by calling (352) 730 – 9285.
Virginia Wright, CMC
City of Groveland
Website; Facebook, City messaging sign;
News media release; City Hall display board.