NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Groveland will be accepting applications for open positions for the Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) Board beginning February 28, 2023 through March 13, 2023.
Currently there is one (1) open position to serve the remainder of a four-year term limit on the Community Redevelopment Agency Board beginning April 3, 2023 to December 21, 2024.
Duties and responsibilities of Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) Board Members:
The functions, powers, and duties of the Community Redevelopment Agency Board shall be, in general:
- To address conditions of slum and blight within the Redevelopment Area.
- To use tax dollars collected within the Redevelopment Area to fund infrastructure improvements, public realm improvements and business assistance programming.
- To encourage private developers to invest within the Redevelopment area.
- To encourage public-private partnerships that would result in increased economic activity and job creation within the Redevelopment Area.
- To perform any other functions, duties, and responsibilities which may be lawfully assigned to it.
Those interested in applying may obtain an application by accessing the City’s website at www.groveland-fl.gov, and accessing the Form Center link on the home page and clicking on Citizens Advisory Boards & Committees Application; or an application may be requested via the City Clerk at email@example.com, (352) 730 – 9285.
Virginia Wright, CMC
City of Groveland
Website; Facebook, City messaging sign;
News media release; City Hall display board.