Welcome to the Groveland Police Department’s webpage; thank you for being here.
Check Us Out on Facebook and Twitter
Created in 1949, the GPD is a full-service municipal law enforcement agency providing 24-hour law enforcement services that include 911/dispatch center, patrol division, traffic unit, K9 team, detectives, crime scene investigations, and special response team.
We vow to always remain vigilant in keeping Groveland safe. Sworn and civilian staff part-time members are dedicated and committed to providing the best possible services to those who visit and live in the City of Groveland, Central Florida’s City with Natural Charm.
1. Professionalism – We value professionalism and represent it with every action, and every word, in all of our daily behaviors.
2. Integrity – We value integrity and ensure that the integrity of our members is beyond reproach.
3. Compassion – We value compassion, we are emotionally intelligent, and have empathy and strength for those in need.
4. Respect – We value respect and we treat everyone we encounter, serve, and protect with respect.
5. Diversity – We value diversity in our daily work and we work hard to make sure our department represents the members of our community. Diversity brings different ideas and opportunities to a police department.
6. Inclusion – We value inclusion because a police department cannot practice community policing alone, everyone must be included, and represented and work together to prevent crime and reduce the fear of crime.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The City of Groveland and its Police Department provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.