This section is being updated. Please be patient. The Groveland Police Department is dedicated to providing professional, high quality law enforcement services to the residents of Groveland. This is accomplished through a high level of training, strong leadership and community involvement. Congradulations to the new Police Chief Mark Palmer. Jesse.Baker@groveland-fl.gov Cindy Homelius Phone 352-429-4166 Fax 352-429-5559 Cindy.Homelius@groveland-fl.gov
RIDE LIKE A PRO!Bicycle safety is very important! Riding your bike can be a lot of fun, but you need to follow the rules and laws to stay safe. Here are a few tips to keep you riding safe (some are laws).
- Always wear a helmet.
- Obey all traffic signs and signals.
- Ride single file on streets and highways and keep to the right side of the road, with the flow of traffic.
- Use proper hand signals when in traffic.
- No stunts or weaving in and out of traffic!
- Stop and look twice before crossing an intersection.
- Watch for cars pulling out of driveways, side streets and away from the curb, they may not see you!
- Give pedestrians the right of way.
- Be sure your bike is in good working order. Check the brakes, tires, chain, and lights before each ride.
- If you’re riding between sunset and sunrise, you must have lights, white in front and red in back.
- Closed in shoes and riding gloves are a good way to protect your hands and feet if you do have a crash.