- 1. What are the fees for obtaining copies of public records?
- In accordance with Section 119.07(a)(a) of the Florida Statutes, the costs for duplication of public records are as follows:
One sided pages cost $.15 per page Two sided pages cost $.20 per page Oversized pages (11″x17″ or14-7/8″x11″) cost $.25 per page All other pages are charged at the actual cost of duplication
Certified copies cost $1.00 per certification plus the copying charge
- Costs for clerical or supervisory assistance apply when the nature or volume of public records requested to be inspected, examined, or copied requires 15 minutes or more of information technology images or extensive clerical or supervisory assistance by personnel of the department or division involved, in addition to the actual cost of duplication.
- The actual charge shall be reasonable and shall be based upon the labor costs actually incurred or attributable to the City for the clerical and supervisory assistance required of the personnel providing the service.
In keeping with the City of Groveland’s easy access, community spirit, public document policy, there will be no labor charge for requests requiring fifteen minutes or less in actual labor. However, when requests from members of the public require fifteen minutes or more in actual labor, they will be charged for all time expended.
- Based upon the length of time estimated to provide the service, a deposit may be required. Fifteen minutes of clerical time will be charged to copy an audio cassette is or a video cassette, in addition to the actual cost of the cassette.
- 2.How can I apply for an additional Homestead Exemption?
- If you are 65 years of age or older and have a household income that does not exceed $20,000.00, you may apply for an additional homestead exemption at the Lake County Property Appraiser’s Office. Income verification and a sworn statement must be provided at the time of application. For additional information, please call (352) 253-2150.
- 3. What is the telephone number of the South Lake Chamber of Commerce?
- The telephone number for the South Lake Chamber of Commerce, which is located at 6911 W. Montrose St, Clermont, Fl 34711 and serves all of South Lake County, is (352) 394-4191.
- 4. Call about a traffic ticket I received in Groveland?
- All City of Groveland traffic tickets are handled through the Lake County Clerk of the Courts. Please call (352) 742-4133. Lake County Clerk of Courts
- 5. Who can I call to come and pick up a stray or dead animal?
- Call Lake County Animal Control at (352) 343-9688.
- 6. How do I find out who owns a piece of property in Groveland?
- Call the Lake County Property Appraiser at (352) 343-9748 or go to the website.
- 7. Who do I call about child support?
- County Clerk of Court at (352) 742-4140 or go to the website.
- 8. How do I get a marriage license?
- Call the Lake County Clerk of Court at (352) 742-4100 or go to the website.
- 9. Do you have an address and phone number for the dump?
- Lake County Landfill – Clermont 10435 Log House Road, Clermont, FL 34711 PH: (352) 394-5137.
- 10. Who do I call about trash collection?
- Call Groveland Utilites at (352) 429-2141 x222