TERESA BEGLEY, CPM, CMC, CRM
In Groveland the City Clerk
is an appointed official who is responsible as the official keeper of the city seal and municipal records. The city clerk is under the administrative direction of the city manager and is solely responsible for the preparation and recording of the activities and decisions of the City Council, Local Planning Agency and Community Redevelopment Agency. The Clerk’s Office is in charge of codification and maintenance of official City records; administers municipal elections; coordinates assigned activities with other divisions, departments and outside agencies; and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the city manager and city council.
The Clerk’s Office is essentially the hub of all the records for the municipality. The clerk is responsible for attending all city council, committee and agency meetings and reads each ordinance and resolution by title. In addition, to serving as the executive secretary to the city council and mayor the clerk ensures accurate up-to-date filing of City ordinances, agreements, resolutions and minutes of the city council, committees and agencies. The clerk is also in charge of signing, attesting, and certifying agreements, contracts, and other legal documents; as well as recording official documents, obtaining associated records and documents, and publishing public notices.
Teresa Begley is a Groveland native. She attended Pre-K through high school in Groveland, but spent her senior year on the Panhandle in Fort Walton Beach, graduating from Choctawhatchee Senior High School. After spending 13 years living in various large metropolitan cities across the US, Teresa moved back to Groveland to be closer to family. Upon arriving she noticed a few changes for the better but also areas in her beloved hometown that needed changing. This inspired her to seek employment with the City and volunteer for the RAC. With the help of strong supporters the skate park at Lake David became a reality; finally giving the youth of Groveland something that was lacking for decades; a safe place for the children to gather and express their individuality and creativity.
Teresa started working for the City in 2005 as the accounts payable clerk. After one year she was promoted to the administrative financial assistant. In 2007, former city manager Ralph Hester appointed her to the position of city clerk. Ms. Begley is involved in the community and is always striving to help improve Groveland and increase the citizen’s quality of life.
Volunteer Committees & Boards
- Citizen Advisory Board 2005-2006
- Recreation Advisory Committee (RAC)2005-2009
- Awards & Scholarship Committee, Florida Association of City Clerks 2010
- Ex-Officio Board Member, South Lake Chamber of Commerce 2010-current
- Economic Development Committee, South Lake Chamber of Commerce 2010-2012
- Friends of the Marion Baysinger Memorial Library 2011-current
- 2013 Institute Planning Committee – Florida Association of City Clerks
- Certified Public Manager
- Certified Municipal Clerk
- Florida Certified Records Manager
- Notary Public
- Choctawhatchee Senior High School
- Florida State University
- Florida Institute of Government
- Troy State University – Area of Study: Business Administration
- College of Central Florida – Area of Study: Social Science/Public Administration
- Alpha Sigma Lambda – Zeta Delta Chapter
- International Institute of Municipal Clerks
- Florida Association of City Clerks
- Florida Records Management Association
- Florida Certified Public Managers Association
- American Academy of Certified Public Managers
- National Notary Association
If you are in need of the Clerk’s assistance please contact: Teresa Begley, City Clerk at 352-429-2141 x 231 or firstname.lastname@example.org
F.S 119.011 and 119.07 which states “Emails sent to the city of Groveland are subject to public-records requests and that if users do not want their e-mail addresses released to requestors, they should not send e-mail.”