There are no-cost seminars available: Start-Up Basics This seminar is designed to help entrepreneurs understand what it takes to start a business, including:
- An introduction to business plans and the importance of preparing one.
- Exploring the legal entities –sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, and limited liabilty corporation.
- Determining the local, state, or federal licensing requirements.
- This workshop will help take the mystery out of starting a business.
- Position your small business to cash in on the $425 billion the federal government buys in goods and services every year.
- Diversify your market by selling to federal, state and local government agencies.
- Increase revenue by taking advantage of supplier diversity programs.
- Get certified as a minority-owned, woman-owned, or service-disabled veteran owned business.